Northern California Neuropsychology Forum
is pleased to present
"What FTD is Teaching Us About the Brain"
Joel Kramer, Psy.D. ABPP
Professor of Neuropsychology in Neurology
University of California, San Francisco
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Samuel Merritt University
Health Education Center Room HEC 312
400 Hawthorne Avenue
Oakland CA 94609
Dr. Kramer is the Director of the Memory and Aging Center Neuropsychology program at UCSF and has been extensively involved in studying the cognitive changes associated with brain disorders for the past three decades. He has co-authored widely used neuropsychological measures of memory and executive functioning. Much of his work has been devoted to identifying the different ways in which aging and neurodegenerative diseases affect memory and other abilities and in utilizing these differences to improve differential diagnosis in clinic.
Dr. Kramer's active areas of research use neuroimaging, neuropsychology, neuroimmunology, and genetics to study the underlying biological mechanisms of cognitive aging, the cognitive effects of cerebrovascular disease and frontotemporal dementia, and the relationships between cognitive functioning, behavioral control, and reward systems.
Specific learning objectives:
- Participants will be able to identify the distinguishes characteristics of different forms of progressive aphasia
- Participants will understand the contributions of cognitive and non-cognitive changes in behavioral variant frontotemporal dementia
- Participants will have an overview of the clinical, molecular, and genetic features of different neurodegenerative syndromes
- Participants will be able to identify some of the brain-behavioral relationships gleaned from neurodegenerative disease research
NCNF is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NCNF maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Approved for 2 hours of CE and QME (CA Workman's Comp) credit.
Questions regarding special accommodations: Charles Filanosky, PhD at (415) 898-0943 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· Professional Member: Online Prereg: $35; At the door: $50
· Nonmember: Online Preregistration: $50; At the door: $65
· Student Member: Online Prereg: $15; At the door: $25
· Student Nonmember: Online Prereg: $30; At the door: $40
PRE-REGISTRATION DUE BY OCTOBER 14, 2012.
Pay Online by credit card or paypal by clicking REGISTER above.
Cash? Accepted only at the door at full fee rate.
Can I mail in my payment in advance? You can mail in a check payable to NCNF (Before OCT 15 only, otherwise please pay at the door) to
NCNF 3145 Geary Blvd #451
San Francisco, CA 94118
Paypal? We still accept paypal! However, please do not email your payment to the NCNF Treasurer. Instead, you may pay securely through www.ncnf.org.
Sponsored by NCNF - www.ncnf.org