Kaiser Permanente in San Rafael CA has an immediate opening for a full-time Clinical Neuropsychologist.
Clinical Neuropsychologist needed for service delivery and program development in several departments, including Neurology, Physical Medicine Rehabilitation/Sports Medicine, Pediatrics, and Psychiatry. Seeking professional who is versatile, with an ability to work in multiple departments. Candidate must be able to work effectively on multi-disciplinary teams. Program development may include sports concussion education and evaluation; education and evaluation of normal cognitive decline among the elderly; dementia education and evaluation. In addition, candidate will provide evaluation of patients presenting in Neurology with a wide range of neurological conditions, as well as provide evaluation for patients presenting with complex medical and psychiatric conditions in Psychiatry and Pediatrics.
• Documented experience dealing with a wide variety of neurosurgical, neurological, psychiatric and general medical/surgical patients.
• Documented experience working as a primary member of an interdisciplinary team in a neuro-rehabilitation setting.
• Ph.D. or Psy.D in psychology from an accredited university or professional school approved by the American Psychological Association, including didactic and experimental training in neuropsychology and psychopathology.
• One (1) year of pre-doctoral internship with specialized training in neuropsychology.
• 2000 hours of formal post-doctoral training program in neuropsychology in medical settings with neurology, neuro-rehabilitation and/or neurosurgical services or an equivalent combination of training, supervision and experience.
• Current valid license to practice psychology in the State of California.
• Must have a National Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI, prior to employment start date.
• Knowledge of social services agencies, state regulations and APA standards as they relate to client treatment, patient rights and client/patient confidentiality, and other ethical issues.
• Demonstrated ability to function independently without direct clinical supervision.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Please apply online to the Kaiser Permanente JOBS website at www.kaiserpermanentejobs.org. The posting number for this position is #454154. If you have any questions or concerns about the application process, please contact:
Stacey Nelson, Ph.D.
The Permanente Medical Group, Inc.
111 Smith Ranch Road
San Rafael CA 94903
(415) 491-3044 phone
(415) 491-3170 fax
Northern California Neuropsychology Forum
3145 Geary Blvd., #451, San Francisco, CA 94118